I have developed a complete cloud solution that provide us the ability to precisely (+/- 1 frame) cut a live stream and publish those segments as a V.O.D. highlight without stop the live stream.
In the following figure we can see that the core of the service runs into a server located “in the cloud”, to be more precise into a EC2 machine from AWS.
In the figure 2 we can see that the different “services” that runs into a Livecut server. I want to point out that the cyan blocks means self developed software modules.
- It can accept the following stream source stream wrappers: HLS, HDS , Smooth streaming
- The video essence of the source stream must be H264 baseline/main, and the audio essence must be AAC. It has been deeply tested with AFME 3.2 (free solution for Windows & OSX from Adobe) as a streaming source source.
- Publishing speed: 15:1 (20 min of highlight is published in 80 seconds)
- Test stream settings: 718×404@25fps (HDS: H264 baseline 2Mbps + AAC 64Kbps)
- Publishing time computed using the AWS smallest machine (m1.small). It can be much faster if we use a faster server.
- Editing precision of +/-1 frame
- Publish V.O.D. segments to:
- Local server
- Brightcove (single rendition or multiple renditions)
- Absolutely cloud based (no local installations needed, AJAX web based front-end)
C++, C#, PHP, MySQL, HDS streaming, HTML, Flash (ActionScript3), Wowza IDE, JSON, IIS, FFMpeg, AWS (Amazon Web, Services), TCP/IP, AFME